Conferences in Austria are possible and safe [Last Update: August 26th, 2020]
The Coworking Europe 2020 conference will take place on November 25-27th in Vienna (Austria), with an off-site day in its twin city Bratislava (Slovakia).
Events up to 5.000 participants are permitted from September
Developments in Austria in general have been extremely positive over the past weeks and months:
- Shops, hotels and schools opened already in May & June.
- Public and trade fairs are possible with clear hygiene requirements: events in enclosed spaces for up to 250 participants are permitted for the rest of July, and this will rise to a maximum of 1,000 in August and up to 5,000 participants from September on.
- All borders are opened for almost all European countries.
- Point masks will have to be worn indoors and in public transport.
- Austrian Airlines resumed flights within Europe in June: you can already book your flight to Vienna and save 15% using the code: CEC20.
All the latest updates on Covid-19 measures in Vienna can be found on the Vienna Tourist Board website.
Austria Center Vienna: event venue with new room concepts & hygiene solutions
The Austria Center Vienna will implement an extensive package of measures based on the recommendations of the WHO and local authorities. As Austria’s largest congress centre, 180 rooms and 24 halls in a range of different sizes are in place; maintaining minimum distances between participants will also be possible at larger events as ours. Together, we intend to ensure the greatest possible security for all delegates:
- A corona compliant seating layout that ensures a minimum distance of more than one meter between seats.
- A comprehensive hygiene concept: a corona task force at ACV is constantly concerned with current developments and ensures the direct implementation of all measures based on the recommendations of the WHO and the guidelines of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Health.
- Disinfection facilities and options:
- Single use paper towels, soap and hand sanitiser in all WC facilities
- Mobile disinfection dispensers will be offered during the conference.
- Hygienic paper will be provided to speakers at lecterns to disinfect keyboards, mice and microphones.
- Fresh clean air: mechanical ventilation systems for halls, ancillary areas and foyers will deliver a steady supply of fresh air, with up to five times the normal number of air changes per hour.
- Signage: participants will be informed on-site about the general hygienic measures recommended by the WHO (frequent hand washing and disinfecting, sneezing in the elbow, use of handkerchiefs, etc.).
- Avoidance of bottlenecks and large concentration of individuals in any one space
- Adapted catering arrangements: participants will be served individually while measures are taken to ensure that distancing rules are observed when queueing.
Other technical options are currently explored by the event and conference industry, such as UV lighting, that kills viruses on a broad scale.
Taking our Coworking Europe conference hybrid
For the first time, the Coworking Europe conference will be held offline & online. We firmly believe that the experience of attending a conference in person can never be fully replicated by any of the digital alternatives. But, due to the current situation, we think it is necessary to offer the possibility to attend the conference virtually for those who cannot attend in person due to personal or logistical reasons.
The Austria Center Vienna has outstanding technical infrastructure in place for professional recordings, streaming talks, playing pre-recorded presentations and conducting visitor polls and surveys. Together with our conference app, we will be able to offer our virtual attendees the opportunity to be involved in the exchange of information and to enjoy the benefits of being part of a network.
Join Coworking Europe conference for insights, data and connections!