Workspace layout after Covid-19 – What could become the lasting changes?
New rules and practices had to be implemented at fast speed when the Covid-19 pandemic broke out. Distance between desks, plexiglasses, increased air filtering, sanitisation, change in surface allocation, etc. Are those principles there to stay? When thinking about the workspace layout after Covid-19: what could become the lasting changes? A discussion with some of the most well-known representatives of office design studios and architects.
Duration : 45 minutes
Price : 45€ (or buy the 2021 Year Subscription package here)
A high level discussion on workspace layout after Covid-19
- Are all the Covid-19 measures here to stay post pandemic?
- What is to become the new normal in the workplace design and layout world?
- What can be the impact on the investment costs and on profitability?
- Do professionals expect workspace layout to come back to normal once the vaccination is high enough?
Insightful talk with representatives of office design studios and architects
- Matt Driscoll, Director at Threefold Architects (London), has a focus on the contemporary workplace – on how, where and when work happens. He sees the workplace as an opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Nuno Fernandes, Design Director Tétris EMEA at JLL (Lisbon), with over 20 years experience in all phases of architecture / interior design in the areas of commercial/corporate fitout, retail concepts and rollout, education, defense, transportation and healthcare located in – Europe, North America, Middle East, Asia and Australia – with project budgets ranging from $2M to $2B.
Nuno Fernandes: “There are good practices and principals that will probably last: elements that are important for non dissemination of a virus or bacteria for example touchless steps or self-opening doors. Elements that have been proven to be good anyway”
Air filtering, distance… What could become the lasting changes in space layout once the pandemic will be behind us?
Recorded – Data, 2021 – Coworking Europe Hub
Want to know more about the coworking & flex workspace sector? You can register to the Coworking Europe Hub, a permanent online environment that gives you access to monthly events, exclusive content for members and a network of hundreds of professionals from the coworking and flex workspace sector to learn from and share with.